回帖

积分

超级版主

积分
Edwin 发表于 2009-3-18 00:16:00

HONG KONG SHOW JUMPER JENNIFER CHANG QUALIFIES

FOR APRIL 2009 ROLEX / F.E.I. WORLD CUP JUMPING FINALS

IN LAS VEGAS

The Hong Kong Equestrian Federation (HKEF) is pleased to announce that in a historic first for a Hong Kong rider, Jennifer Chang and her horse “Luxor 91 have been invited to compete at the prestigious 2009 Rolex / F.E.I. World Cup Jumping Finals to be held in Las Vegas from 15 – 19 April 2009. Time is not on her side, however, and Jennifer will have to forego her spot at this elite event because she is expecting her first baby to be born in early April. Nevertheless, Jennifer has a busy comeback planned as she hopes to qualify again later this year for the 2010 World Cup Jumping Finals ( to be held in Geneva ) and also for the 2010 Guangzhou Asian Games.

First held in 1978, the F.E.I. World Cup Jumping Finals are the most prestigious annual international competition among the world’s best show jumping horses and riders. After an intense series of qualification events, approximately 45 riders from 14 leagues around the world are invited to participate in the annual World Cup Final.

The news comes somewhat belatedly, as only one rider from the Southeast Asian (SEA) League series of F.E.I. World Cup qualifying events is invited to the Word Cup Final each year. Hong Kong riders have competed as part of the SEA League series of World Cup qualifiers since 2005 but have never been invited to take part in the Final. Having finished the 2008 qualifying series as the second-highest ranked SEA League rider, Jennifer fell into the “reserve” position and the initial sole invitation went to the highest-ranked SEA League rider, Qabil Ambak, of Malaysia . The F.E.I. recently informed the HKEF that Qabil is unable to take part in the Las Vegas Final and so the

invitation has been extended to Jennifer.

h4v6sY
回复

使用道具 举报

宋钰 发表于 2009-3-18 00:43:00
h4v6sY
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

马术网微信服务号
微信服务号
马术网微信订阅号